Six Sigma Green Belt Training Program
Background of the lean 6 sigma programs
There are situations in the manufacturing and service area where the outcome is not always up to our or customers’ expectations. Although all the requirements and the input of the process are under control, the outcome varies. How to get the variation under control? The 6 Sigma methodology suites well to solve the kind of problems.
The goal of the Six Sigma improvement projects is to improve processes, through which the direct cost of the poor quality will be reduced. Six Sigma helps to prove the root causes of the problem. So the causes are proved and not limited to only an opinion as usually. Based on 6 sigma methods we state with 95% of confidence, that the selected solution leads to the expected outcomes and results by the end of the program.
Since typically there is a need to use also suitable lean tools for the implementation of the improvement projects (in addition to the statistics-based tools and principles), the program is called the Lean Six Sigma program.
Every Six Sigma project will be financially rewarding. 6 Sigma Green belt methodology is used for resolving bigger problems and challenges. At the level of Green Belt 6 Sigma projects by result save minimum 10 000 eur per year. Methodology is successfully used in manufacturing, service and public area.
Goals of the programme
The objective of the Six Sigma Green Belt Training Programme is to give the participants the knowledge and skills of the Six Sigma methodology and implementation of improvement projects at the level of the Green Belt. The level of the knowledge and skills of the Green Belt are characterised by the following characteristics:
- knowledge of the DMAIC methodology
- ability to implement the statistical and quality tools
- ability to manage and implement the simpler improvement projects
This training is for managers and specialists, who deal with complex and complicated problems on a daily basis and who need an effective tool to solve these problems. Previous knowledge of the Six Sigma methodology is not necessary. In our Lean-production training program description is said that this is not the rocket science. On the contrary the methods and tools of Six Sigma methodology are used in the scientific studies and among the space agencies.
Structure of the programme
The duration of the Training Programme is 10 days. For successful graduation of the Programme the Participant needs to carry out one improvement project based on DMAIC-methodology.
The program is carried out using the following training modules
There will be significant homework in between of each training session. The criteria for selecting the improvement project are as follows it has to be significant/critical to external key customer and/or to the strategic development of an organisation itself and the cost reduction by the improvement project has to be at least 10 000 eur on the annual base for Green Belt level, but usually it is higher.
Themes of the programme
The Six Sigma Green Belt Training Programme is based on DMAIC methodology. The abbreviation is coming from the words Define-Measure-Analyse-Improve-Control.
During the Course the following topics will be covered
- Overview of the Lean 6 Sigma methodology
- Preparation for selection of improvement projects, identification and prioritisation of assessing opportunities for improvement
- DMAIC method
- Lean Six Sigma (LSS) organisation and the roadmap
- Lean principles and common methods, the relationship between LSS policies and projects
- Defining opportunities (or solving the problems).
- Problem statement and setting goals
- Customer focus and the customer’s needs
- The process identification and process mapping, SIPOC, VSM What is critical to customer (and/or for management), CTQ, CTC, CTD
- Selecting and defining the KPI’s
- Content of the project charter
- Identification of the factors affecting performance and critical results
- Data Collection
- Operational definitions
- Understanding variation
- Evaluation of existing measurement systems (Measurement System Analysis, MSA, including AAA and Variable Gage R&R)
- Processes capability study
- Cost of Poor Quality
- Analyse Distributions, Determine Sources of Variation
- Analyse Relationships
- Analysis of Variance (ANOVA)
- Correlation and Regression
- Graphical data analysis methods
- Numeric data analysis methods
- Hypothesis Testing
- DOE – Design Of Experiments
- 5 whys, brainstorming, etc.
- Cause-effect relationships
- Mistake Proofing, Poka Yoke
- Prioritization matrixes and other relevant techniques
- Project management
- Statistical Process Control, SPC
- Control plan
- Project Final Report
Methodology and principles of training
Training days are full of lectures, individual and team work. The Participant needs to take with a personal laptop and be able to use MS Excel and the Analysis ToolPak (add-in) must be activated. We could recommend having also the Minitab software.
After a successful completion of The Six Sigma Green Belt Training Programme the participants will receive a Green Belt certificate. Presumption is that the participant has completed one improvement project based on DMAIC-methodology. Those participants who do not deliver the improvement project will receive Confirmation of Participation of Training Programme.
All the participants can use additional personal counselling by our experienced Consultant (The Six Sigma Black Belt) to execute the improvement project and solve the problems of the company successfully.